Capgemini employees spread smiles
Divya feared going to school as her parents were not able to afford for her education needs such as books and other stationeries. This fear also impacted her studies resulting in poor competency levels and her inability to complete homework. It had almost become a routine for her to get scolded by her teachers for not being able to do her homework and this further enhanced her dislike for school and studies.
The 10 year old Divya was a student of 5th class and live in Kajapet, Trichy. Her father Madhuari is a coolie and her mother Revathi, a domestic worker. She was included in the ENLIGHT project in the year 2016 and subjected to the competency assessment exercise which reflected her poor competency levels. The team also realised her potential and how her fear for school was playing as a deterrent for her development. Though the team was successful in counselling to attend school regularly, they were not able to remove the fear within her which was primarily due to lack of educational materials.
The Enlight Team organised a volunteer engagement programme with the Employees of Capgemini to mobilise resources for children like Divya, who were several in numbers. Listening to the situation the Capgemini Employees came forward to support the children and sponsored books and stationeries for the children who were in need. Divya was part of the program and she also received the same from the volunteers. Divya was one of them who benefitted with this act of support from the Capgemini employees.
She was happy to receive all that she had wanted. Her fear for school had vanished. Today she goes to school with confidence and with her homework neatly done. Her competency levels in reading, writing and basic arithmetic too have improved. This changeover was a surprise for her teachers who are happy with the progress. Divya wants to become a good teacher and help those in need of any support!
Capgemini Employees have been actively supporting the project in Trichy!
- A TALE OF BEING GIRL CHILD
- Capgemini employees spread smiles
- MY SAVING IS MY EDUCATION
- Building back lost lives
- Kindling a dream
- Samridhi now likes solving maths problems
- No looking back for Manisha
- Education changes Life
- Kutty teachers
- Tyrst with education
- Rubini likes to speak in English
- Enlight brings light in the life of Afshan
- A tripartite effort for inclusion
- Children start fund for education to help the needy
- Big wonder from simple idea
- I want to teach all subjects
- The Mothers Committee
- Capgemini wins CSR Excellence Award 2017 by Indywood and the Government of Telangana
- Enlight wins CSR Journal Excellence Awards 2017
- Enlight among UN GCNI top 10 best practices in India
- Bureaucracy Today National Award for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability
- Enlight wins Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Award
Events and News
- Legal Awareness program for Enlight project women in Bengaluru
- SIRAGUGAL 2018 - Flying High this summer
- Enlight Trichy organized Eye Camp for children and elders
- INDIA TODAY TV documents ENLIGHT project
- Capgemini CSR Manager - Poland visits Enlight project in Hyderabad
- Review, Reflection and Planning Exercise held