Children start fund for education to help the needy
Ritika’s father was happy and quite relieved that he was able to pay the school fees for his daughter without having to borrow from anybody. Twelve-year-old Ritika, is a student of 6th class in Nazareth Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Tiruvallur district.
Ritika was enrolled into the Pandeshwaram centre of the project in 2016. Her father was a cable operator and mother was an MGNREGA worker. Though her parents wanted her to study in a good school, the school fees were always a concern.
In 2016, the concept of ‘Fund for Education’ was introduced in Pandeswaram Enlight centre. All children were given a piggy bank and encouraged to save their pocket money. During parents meetings, the parents were motivated to support the concept and thus encourage the culture of savings within children. The money saved was to be used for the educational need of children.
Following the concept of savings, within 8 months Ritika successfully saved Rs.2896/-. This became helpful in paying her school fees.
"I really appreciate this idea, which helped in developing a sense of savings within my daughter and the manner in which this money was useful for her education. I was able to pay her school fees without any worries. I want to continue this savings for my daughter’s future” So says Ritika’s father.
- A TALE OF BEING GIRL CHILD
- Capgemini employees spread smiles
- MY SAVING IS MY EDUCATION
- Building back lost lives
- Kindling a dream
- Samridhi now likes solving maths problems
- No looking back for Manisha
- Education changes Life
- Kutty teachers
- Tyrst with education
- Rubini likes to speak in English
- Enlight brings light in the life of Afshan
- A tripartite effort for inclusion
- Children start fund for education to help the needy
- Big wonder from simple idea
- I want to teach all subjects
- The Mothers Committee
- Capgemini bags CSR Excellence Award 2017 by Indywood and the Government of Telangana
- Enlight bags CSR Journal Excellence Awards 2017
- Enlight among UN GCNI top 10 best practices in India
- Bureaucracy Today National Award for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability
- Enlight bags Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Award
Events and News
- Capgemini team visits ENLIGHT Child Support Centre in Trichy
- Legal Awareness program for Enlight project women in Bengaluru
- SIRAGUGAL 2018 - Flying High this summer
- Enlight Trichy organized Eye Camp for children and elders
- INDIA TODAY TV documents ENLIGHT project
- Capgemini CSR Manager - Poland visits Enlight project in Hyderabad
- Review, Reflection and Planning Exercise held